In this solution article we will give you a more in depth understanding of the My Exports page.
The My Exports page is a summary of all the previously generated XLSX Exports as well as relevant details regarding these exports.
You are able to find all your previously exported files on this page as well as download these spreadsheets at any given time.
Why would I want access to this page?
- In case you have lost your original export file you are able to re-download the files here.
- To see which exports you have created in the past by referring to the time stamp on each relevant file.
- To monitor and share exports created by other users on your instance.
Explanation of the Exported Files page:
- All details relevant to the exported file can be seen on this view including the file name, type of export and other details.
Download the file:
- After clicking on the blue arrow as shown above, you will be brought to the file's download / details page.
- Simply click on the download button and the excel spreadsheet will be saved to your device.
How do I create an Exported File?
- Click on the 3 dotted button on the right hand side of your screen when you are on the page with the data you would like to quick export.
- On any page with a data table you are able to create an exported file containing all the displayed data.
- The current system user signed in will receive an email with the Export as soon as it has finished.
- A menu will drop down with a few options as shown below:
-> Choose columns to be included in your export (Columns currently visible on your table will be exported)
-> Filter the data with the Column filters option.
-> There are 2 types of XSLX exports which will be explained in the next step.
-> The Advanced Report forms apart of the more in depth Reporting Module which can be seen here.
Types of XLSX Exports:
- Quick XLSX Export
- The Quick Export is an extract which will generate a report in a short amount of time.
- There is a chance that not all the columns you see when you are viewing your system would be included in this report.
- We recommend selecting this report first, in most of the situations all the fields you would need would be included in this report.
- Deailed XLSX Export
- The Detailed Export will include all fields visible on the view you have selected.
- Because of the amount of data this report has to retrieve in some situations, it might take some time for this report to fully generate compared to the Quick Export.
- This export should be used in case there were fields excluded from the Quick Export and you would like the full list of data from the entity you are viewing.
Please note: Only Exports generated manually through the process shown above will be saved here.